SCHOLARSHIPS FOR POST-GRADUATE STUDIES
Rotary clubs in D5020 nominate and support applicants who apply as District Rotary Ambassadorial Scholars, Global Grant Scholars and Rotary Peace Fellows.
D5020 provides funding for District Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships while Global Grant Scholarships and Rotary Peace Fellows are funded through The Rotary Foundation (TRF).
A local Rotary club must sponsor applications for each of these programs.
District Rotary Ambassadorial and Global Grant Scholarships:
- Each year, D5020 funds a number of District Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships (DRAS) for one year of study in post-baccalaureate programs related to the Object of Rotary and the Mission of The Rotary Foundation.
- DRAS scholars are required to study in a country other than Canada or the USA.
- Successful recipients of the DRAS may be eligible to apply for a TRF Global Grant Scholarship. Applications for Global Grant Scholarships should be completed only after the District has selected successful DRAS applicants and only by those successful DRAS applicants. For more information, please see TRF Global Grants.
How to Apply for D5020 District Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships
- The DRAS applicant must be nominated by a Rotary Club in District 5020 and will be interviewed by District Scholarship Committee.
- The applicant should contact a Rotary Club in District 5020, and the Club will guide the applicant and submit the application to the District on their behalf.
For more information, please see the D5020 Scholarship Handbook and D5020 Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship Application Form
Deadline for DRAS Applications
- Jan 15th for study beginning in the next Rotary year (July 1 – June 30)
- ·Applicants should contact a local Rotary club several months before the deadline in order to meet the criteria for the application.
Rotary Peace Fellows
- Rotary Peace Fellowships are funded through TRF.
- Rotary Centers for International Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution, which are located in eight leading universities around the world, offer a master’s degree in international relations, sustainable development, peace studies and conflict resolutions, or a professional development certificate in peace and conflict studies.
How to Apply for the Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Selection takes place at the club, district and world levels.
- For more information contact a local Rotary club or the Rotary Peace Centers on the Rotary International web site.
Deadline for the Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Applicants must be nominated by a Rotary Club and are encouraged to contact a local Rotary Club or District 5020 several months before the application deadline.
- TRF must receive applications before July 1, one year ahead of the study opportunity.
RECENT COMMITTEE UPDATES
A Rotary Club is a lot like a tree. This is not a new metaphor, but one that I will shamelessly borrow from others before me. If you have read the April 2018 copy of the rotarian magazine then you may recall an article quoting Paul Harris, who wrote in his book My...
When Paul Harris started Rotary on February 23, 1905 he was 36 years old. Being founded by someone who today might be termed a “Young Professional,” it would make sense that Rotary International would remain an organization of youthful members with fresh ideas just...
If you are over 40 then you might remember a 1980’s commercial for the product Krazy Glue. In the commercial a construction worker holds onto his hard hat and is suspended from a steel beam by only the power of one tiny dot of Krazy Glue. Wouldn’t it be nice if...
In the cold winter months of the year every club struggles with meeting attendance. And with lower meeting attendance comes a tendency to put member attraction and growth on the back burner til the warming suns of spring. At this time of year I would encourage you...
Here are just a couple resources available to assist you in achieving your membership goals: Zone Membership Information Rotary Club Health Check Strengthening Your Membership Introducing New Members to Rotary Membership Committee Manual Membership Assessment...
Change Lives! The vision of Rotary is "Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change — across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves." We aren't just a service club, we are a club of business, civic and community...